Thursday, December 07, 2006

This is a wet bar that I did. It is about 8 ft. long, turns 45 degrees for 2.5, then runs into the wall for 2.5, for a total of 13+ feet. Notice from this picture, you can see the bump-out in the wall that I had to build around. There is a microwave and refrigerator, and all shelving is adjustable.
These pictures show the wine racks. There are six, each holding ten bottles of wine. They are full-extension slides, rated for 100 pounds.

The look is mission style, flat panel. The wood is yellow birch, with a mahogany stain, to match the bar stools already owned by the client. The top is granite, and has a beautifully matching dark red look running through it.

3 comments:

Ben P said...

Very Nice!!!! When I get a house I'll want you to build me one of those.

mom 2many said...

This looks terrific! I wonder how much space you left between the cabinets and the wall? 30" or more? Thanks!

Kevin Jack said...

Hey Mom:

Honestly, I don't remember how much room there is between the bar and the wall, it was done a few years ago. When I was hired, the client had already stubbed up the plumbing for the sink where he wanted it, so the layout was determined by those lines.

The cabinet is 24" deep, so judging by the amount the winerack extends toward the wall, I would guess 32-34".